Guide for Authors
** Authors who are in the Persian profile journal system do not need to create an English profile and should submit an article through their previous profile.
The aim of the publication of the Applied Family Therapy Journal (AFTJ) is to publish research papers in various fields of psychological studies. Articles will be published containing new findings in the specialized fields mentioned above. A case report is also available in this journal. Received papers will be published by the relevant experts and reviewed by the editorial board after initial review and arbitration. All or part of the submission should not have been published or has already been submitted to another journal. If the article has previously been submitted to the congress or scientific congress, please indicate the full details of the congress or relevant congress. This journal is published in the annual quarterly form in two issues.
Essential files for submission:
1) Main article file without the authors' names and containing all the parts of the article based on the base of the article.
2) Authors' Affiliation: For example First Name Last Name: Professor, Department of Clinical Psychology, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran
* No need to send tables and figures in separate files.
*** The responsibility of the submitted information, including the content of the article and the order of the names of the authors, is on the responsible author, who is either a member of the faculty of educational-research centers or PhD student. Also, at least one of the authors is required to be a member of the faculty of education and research centers.
Types of Manuscripts:
A. Original Article
The research paper is the result of the research work of the author or authors and has the title, abstract, keywords, introduction, materials and method, results, discussion, list of references, and abstract, and should not exceed 15 pages or less than 6 pages.
B. Review Article
This article is based on reviewing former studies in order to obtain new results and conclusions. However, due to the importance and results of the research, the paper is presented in a compact and maximal format in 15 pages of the journal. It is also necessary to have the title, abstract, keywords, introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion, and bibliography.
Essentials for writing and submitting the article:
1. The title of the article is expressly and concisely brief and covers the whole article. The title of the article, the name of the author or authors, with the mention of a scientific or academic rank in both Farsi (for Persian speakers) and English with full postal address, mobile number or fixed number, fax and e-mail address of the author on a separate page (page 1).
2. Abstract: Considering that the referrers to the article first use the summary of the article for evaluation, and given that the summary is usually published by the centers and scientific information institutes, this part of the article should be accurate and fluent, and a maximum of 300 words represent the chief complaint, purpose, method, overall conclusions and conclusions of that research.
3. The keywords are considered to be introduced and guidelines of the article, at least 4 and maximums of 8 words.
4. The introduction contains the importance of research and the scientific background of the work.
5. Materials and methods of the work include a detailed and complete description of the consumables, the number, type and description of the specimens, the devices specifically designed for the research, with their full specifications and the method of execution. If the usual methods are used, they should refrain from mentioning them and mention the references, but if a new method is used, the full description of that method, together with the mention of the scientific names and sources of supplies, is essential. The statistical methods used should be presented in a comprehensible manner and based on valid references.
6. The results of the research can be presented in the form of a table with all lines, diagrams and images with the necessary explanations. Figures and tables should be completely clear and easy to understand, and at the same time express the true results of the experiments. Make clear images and graphs and avoid sending a copy of them. The axes of the chart are fully defined and avoid any unnecessary explanations. Each of the tables, charts and images with the number in the specified text and captions of the tables at the top of the table and captions of the figures are presented below the figures. All images, tables and charts should be included in the text of the article. Data presented in tables or figures should not be discussed in this section. The results presented in the tables should not be repeated in the article, such as graphs or text.
7. In the discussion, the presented results should be analyzed and interpreted, and it should attract the attention of the readers on the main subject of the research, the hypotheses in the introduction section and the results of the research. This section discusses the relationships between influential factors or shortcomings and proposes new ideas. Even if there is a consensus or difference between the results of this research and the research carried out in this field, the scientific and theoretical applications will emphasize the achievements of this research and the fundamental inference of this study and refrain from repeating the results.
8. The author/s can thank others who helped them to do research or prepare a paper. It should be noted that in the case of financial support and the use of laboratory equipment, the place of research and the name of the institution or persons concerned may be mentioned.
9. The English summary should not exceed a maximum of 300 words. Persian (for Persian speakers) abstract should also be included.
10. The list of references is limited to authoritative scientific books and articles and is not used in dissertations, articles presented at congresses and scientific congresses, and in internet sites.
**** English Font and size: Times New Roman, 12, 1.5 space with 2 cm margins
**** It should be considered that the references are excluded from page numbering.
**** The format of references (in text and list of references) is based on the APA format.
**** Please click here for information on how to cite in-text and references list format.
The articles should be submitted through the electronic journal site to aftj.ir
The scientific and ethical responsibility of the article lies with the author or authors.
Authors retain unrestricted copyrights and publishing rights. The author has complete control over the work . AFTJ is licensed under the terms of CC BY-NC (4.0).
Conflicts of Interest
Please download and complete the Conflicts of Interest form and submit it through the journal's electronic system. Conflicts of interest comprise those which may not be fully apparent and which may influence the judgment of the author, reviewers, and editors. They have been described as those which, when revealed later, would make a reasonable reader feel misled or deceived. They may be personal, commercial, political, academic or financial. "Financial" interests may include employment, research funding, stock or share ownership, payment for lectures or travel, consultancies and company support for staff. Authors must identify and declare any personal circumstances or interests that may be perceived as inappropriately influencing the representation or interpretation of reported research results. If there is no conflict of interest, please state "The authors declare no conflict of interest." Any role of the funding sponsors in the design of the study; in the collection, analysis or interpretation of data; in the writing of the manuscript, or in the decision to publish the results must be declared in this section. If there is no role, please state "The founding sponsors had no role in the design of the study; in the collection, analyses, or interpretation of data; in the writing of the manuscript, and in the decision to publish the results". Complete the Conflicts of Interest form and submit it through the journal's electronic system.
1) The authors must pay 1,500,000 RIALS after submiting the article for per-revieiwing process.
2) The authors must pay and additional 5,000,000 RIALS after admission for publishing the article on the website.
3) English articles are free of any charges
**charges can be paid through author's profile**